Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mr Ponder, and friends

Mr Ponder, and friends

While you may disagree with the supreme court, but unfortunately some families and some women must make this difficult choice. One of the great features of this country is that we may disagree and still both be entitled to our own opinion.

And if you support the idea that those people who do not appreciate the legal right to abortion, shouldn't be forced to pay for it. I wonder if you would extend that same right to those who oppose wars and treaties with which they disagree. Should I be allowed to UNFUND the war on Iraq?

Can I withdraw my support of the secret war on Venezuela or Iran.

If you demand the right to have your taxes, not be spent for tax supported abortion. can I get a hold on any of my tax money spent spying on Americans or prisoners held indefinitely in secret prisons?

Isn't that fair, by the same reasoning?

solidarity & peace
Rick Spisak
www.AveryVoice.com
www.deadpeasants.BZ

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rick, you got my name wrong, it's Mike Fulton. I love the last quote, Isn't that fair, by the same reasoning? Yeah, I suppose you are right, we should provide funds for abortions because it is their right to get an abortion, but (to borrow your phrase) by the same reasoning, if everyone has the right to property, should the federal government give everyone land? If we have the right to free speech, should the government provide everyone with printing presses? If we have the right to bear arms, should the government provide everyone with M-16s? Rights are not entitlements, get it right Mr Spisak and friends.
    The Constitution also says something like the "right to LIFE, liberty, etc...." You may have heard of it. Did you see LIFE in there?? I believe an abortion takes away that right.

    Hey you haven't updated your deadpeasants.bz wedsite, and the only story there is not about corporate greed, but about some guy who was an asshole and a boss, not impressed at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, how can this be a "non-partisan" group, when the chairman (Rick Spisak) does stuff like have a "Happy Birthday Senator Obama" party? Just admit that you are liberal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rick,

    I just have a quick question for you but couldn't find an email so had to resort to this. I am a progressive blogger and the owner of the mahablog. Please email me back at barbaraobrien@maacenter.org when you get a chance. Thanks.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete